A resource for analysts and economists tasked with monitoring and analysing the South African economy.
EasyData provides access to highly organised and up-to-date economic data and analysis through user-friendly and flexible data access options. EasyData saves you time and resources by linking you to macroeconomic developments at each stage of your daily activities—from data sourcing to analysis.
- Macroeconomic Subscription — A wide-ranging collection of South African and Global macroeconomic data and analysis.
- Industry Subscription — A unique and consistent analytical view of South Africa’s economic structure by industry.
- International Trade Subscription — Data and analysis on South Africa’s international trade.
- Regional Subscription — Detailed regional economic data and analysis for the South African economy down to district, town council and lower sub-national levels.
Working with economic data can be challenging
Data is scattered over wide-ranging disparate sources, each with its own distinct characteristics. Typical issues you may encounter are:
- Procuring and updating your economic data from a myriad of unstructured sources that can be cumbersome and time consuming.
- Handling, storing and retrieving huge volumes of data that requires specialised database knowledge; dedicated software tools; and loads of physical data storage and backup space.
- Basic database housekeeping issues need continuous attention: classifying and creating meta data; splicing and linking data; interpolating data; standardising data; rebasing data; aligning data to a common frequency or structure; and performing basic transformations and calculations.
Subscribers gain Internet access to time-series, pivot tables and reports.
- Access anytime, anywhere via your web browser with no end-user software required.
- All your economic data is centralised in one repository.
- Timely and accurate daily updates as they are released by Quantec and its various primary data providers.
- Data and reports can be downloaded into Excel, CSV, EViews, Stata and Adobe PDF formats.
- Comprehensive online metadata includes a descriptive data overview, instructions for accessing the database, an explanation of the various mnemonic coding schemes utilised in the database and a complete hierarchical listing of the database contents. Each time-series is defined with cross-referencing to source. The documentation is embedded in the database.
- Internet access to the data combines an intuitive point and click hierarchical interface with advanced searching, basic tabulation, graphical and analytical features.
- Build, save, access and update your own user-selections of time-series online in EasyData.